Active Body, Mind, & Soul
The biggest challenge for any activity program lies in matching the right activity to each resident's individual physical and cognitive capabilities. At Oregon Manor, our Activities Director works closely with the resident, family members, and nursing staff to choose activities that will be most beneficial for the needs of each individual resident, as well as ones that will be enjoyed. A variety of activities are planned that can be done both individually and in groups.
Sample activities include:
- Entertainment and audience participation - Bingo, sing-alongs
- Special guests - a visit from Elvis, a local musician, school group, or pet therapy
- Games and other activities to sharpen mental abilities - Wii Bowling is a favorite
- Seasonal parties - Mardi Gras, Christmas, Halloween
- Spiritual enhancement and reflection - religious services are held weekly
These are just a few examples of the full slate of activities we provide at Oregon Manor to ensure a holistic approach to long-term care.
Interested in learning more about our activities program?
Do you have a program or hobby you would like to share with our residents?
Would you like to receive our monthly activity calendar in the mail?
Contact: Mary Nawrocki, Activity Director, 608-835-3535